End User License Agreement
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT
BETWEEN YOU (EITHER AN INDIVIDUAL OR A SINGLE ENTITY), AND ACER INC. INCLUDING ITS SUBSIDIARIES
("ACER") FOR THE SOFTWARE (WHETHER PROVIDED BY ACER OR BY ACER'S LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS) THAT
ACCOMPANIES THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY ASSOCIATED MEDIA, PRINTED MATERIALS AND RELATED USER
ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTATION WHICH MAY BE BRANDED "ACER" ("SOFTWARE"). AGREEMENTS RELATING TO ANY
OTHER PRODUCT OR TOPIC ARE NEITHER INTENDED NOR SHOULD THEY BE IMPLIED. BY INSTALLING THE
ACCOMPANYING SOFTWARE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND
CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS
AGREEMENT, DO NOT CONTINUE THE INSTALLATION PROCESS AND IMMEDIATELY DELETE ALL INSTALLED FILES, IF
ANY, OF THE ACCOMPANYING SOFTWARE FROM YOUR PHONE.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VALIDLY-LICENSED COPY OF THE APPLICABLE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO
INSTALL, COPY OR OTHERWISE USE THE SOFTWARE, AND HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
The Software is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and conventions as well as other intellectual property laws and
treaties. The Software is licensed, not sold.
GRANT OF LICENSE
Acer grants to you the following non-exclusive and non-transferable rights with respect to the Software. Under this Agreement,
1. Install and use the Software only on a single designated phone. A separate license is required for each phone on which
the Software will be used;
2. Make one copy of the Software solely for backup or archival purposes;
3. Make one hardcopy of any electronic documents included in the Software, provided that you receive the documents
You ma y NOT:
1. Use or copy the Software except as provided in this Agreement;
2. Rent or lease the Software to any third party;
3. Modify, adapt, or translate the Software in whole or in part;
4. Reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software or create derivative works based upon the Software;
5. Merge the Software with any other program or modify the Software, except for your personal use; and
6. Sublicense or otherwise make the Software available to third parties, except that you may, after prior written notification to
Acer, transfer the Software as a whole to a third party so long as you do not retain any copies of the Software and such
third party accepts the terms of this Agreement.
7. Transfer your rights under this Agreement to any third parties.
8. Export the Software in contravention of applicable export laws and regulations, or (i) sell, export, re-export, transfer, divert,
disclose technical data, or dispose of, any Software to any prohibited person, entity, or destination including, without
limitation, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria; or (ii) use any Software for any use prohibited by the laws or
regulations of the United States.
Acer is not obligated to provide technical or other support for the Software.
ACER LIVE UPDATE
Certain of the software contains elements that enable the use of the Acer Live Update service, which allows for updates for such
software to be automatically downloaded and installed on your phone. By installing the software, you hereby agree and consent
that Acer (or its licensors) may automatically check the version of such software that you are using on your phone and may
provide upgrades to such software that may be automatically downloaded on to your phone.
OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT
Title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Software and all copies thereof shall remain with Acer or Acer's
licensors or suppliers (as applicable). You do not have or shall not gain any proprietary interest in the Software (including any
modifications or copies made by or for you) or any related intellectual property rights. Title and related rights in the content
accessed through the Software is the property of the applicable content owner and may be protected by applicable law. This
license gives you no rights to such contents. You hereby agree
1. Not to remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from the Software;
2. To reproduce all such notices on any authorized copies you make; and
3. To use best efforts to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Software.
This Agreement does not grant to you any rights in connection with any trademarks or service marks of Acer or of Acer's licensors
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ACER, ITS SUPPLIERS, AND ITS LICENSORS, PROVIDE
THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS,
EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES
OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY OR
COMPLETENESS OF RESPONSES, OF RESULTS, OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, OF LACK OF VIRUSES, AND OF LACK OF
NEGLIGENCE, ALL WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE AND THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT