IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following.
Read all instructions before using this sewing machine.
DANGER - To reduce the risk of electric shock:
This sewing machine should never be left unattended when plugged in. Always unplug this sewing machine from the
electric outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
WARNING - To reduce the risk of burns, À re, electric
shock, or injury to persons:
• This sewing machine is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental
capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning
use of the sewing machine by a person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the sewing machine.
• Use this sewing machine only for its intended use as described in this manual. Use only attachments recommended by
the manufacturer as contained in this manual.
• Never operate this sewing machine if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been
dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the sewing machine to the nearest authorized dealer or service
center for examination, repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment.
• Never operate the sewing machine with any air openings blocked. Keep ventilation openings of the sewing machine
and foot control free from the accumulation of lint, dust, and loose cloth.
• Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
• To disconnect, turn switch to the off (“0”) position, then remove plug from outlet.
• Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• Keep À ngers away from all moving parts. Special care is required around the sewing machine needle.
• Always use the proper needle plate. The wrong plate can cause the needle to break.
• Do not use bent needles.
• Do not pull or push fabric while stitching. It may deÁ ect the needle causing it to break.
• Wear safety glasses.
• Switch the sewing machine off (“0”) when making any adjustments in the needle area, such as threading needle,
changing needle, threading bobbin, or changing presser foot, etc.
• Always unplug sewing machine from the electrical outlet when removing covers, lubricating, or when making any other
user servicing adjustments mentioned in the instruction manual.
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its service agent or a similarly qualiÀ ed
person in order to avoid a hazard.
• Don’t tie up in a bundle while in use. Remove the power cord from the sewing machine after usage and clean it with
dry cloth and keep in a dry place with the sewing machine.
Moving parts: To reduce risk of injury, switch off before servicing. Close cover before operating machine.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This product is for household use, or equivalent.
This appliance complies with EEC Directive 2004/108/EC covering the electromagnetic compatibility.